- they slope backwards, affecting how we sit,
- support for the lumbar spine or head is often poor, and
- adjusting them for different people can be tricky
- Imagine lengthening up from your tailbone to your ear lobes - yes, between them is where your spine connects to the skull. Imagine this length along both the front of your body, and then along the back.
- Imagine the head really moving freely forward and up – towards the front of the car roof.
- Give yourself permission to occupy or ‘own’ the air space above your head, as well as behind it and to the sides (idea from a Robert Rickover podcast).
In this picture, the driver looks relaxed. But notice the curve in his lower spine. How should his sitting bones be involved?